Nothing says ’tis the season like a fabulous Christmas cocktail. Whether you decide to have one while you’re wrapping the last of the Christmas gifts, celebrating finishing work for the year or serving them to your guests at a Christmas cocktail party our Top 3 Christmas Cocktails are sure to get everyone into the Christmas Spirit.
1. Cranberry Mimosas
A festive twist on the classic combo, just swap the orange juice with fresh cranberries, cranberry juice, a dash of lime and rosemary.
Ingredients to serve 4:
- 1 bottle of champagne or prosecco
- 240ml of sweetened cranberry juice
- Punnet of fresh (or can be frozen) cranberries
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Cut the lime in half and rub it around the rim of your champagne glasses, then dip the rim of the glasses in the sugar. Pour 60ml of cranberry juice into each champagne glass and top with champagne or prosecco. ( You may want to go lighter on the cranberry juice and heavier on the fizz, depends on your preference).
- Pop 4 cranberries into each glass and garish with a sprig of rosemary.
2. Candy Cane Martini
Dreamy to look at and delightful to taste, this creamy Christmas cocktail will not disappoint.
Ingredients to serve 1:
- Crush a candy cane and rub vodka around the rim of a martini glass, dip the rim of the glass in the crushed candy cane
- Combine the chocolate syrup, peppermint liqueur, vodka and single cream in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice and shake. Strain into your martini glass. You can place a mini candy to hang off the side of the glass for extra wow factor.
3. Festive 75
It packs a punch but tastes devine and the method is simple.
Ingredients to service 1:
25ml of gin
15ml lemon juice
15ml sugar syrup
Topped with cold mulled cider
Lemon (for your lemon twist garnish)
1. Pour the gin, lemon juice and sugar in a cocktail shaker and shake.
2. Strain into a champagne flute and top with cold mulled cider. Garnish the glass with your twist of lemon.
May your Christmas be full of love and wonderful cocktails. Enjoy!